Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Comet has ARRIVED!!!!




Our Elf arrived the day before we got out for Thanksgiving break. My co-worker and I made a HUGE ordeal about it. Seriously don't know how I would have ever made it without her. She has literally helped me more than she will ever know.

We had the office contact us that we had had a package delivered and we needed to pick it up right away. We left the lunchroom and went by the office and picked the super cold packages up. We had left the packages in the refrigerator all morning so they would be super cold upon arriving. Hehe!!!! By this time, the classroom is WILD and I do mean WILD!!!! They couldn't hold it in any longer. Inside the package was our letter from Santa, a treat for the students (candy canes that had a note attached to it), and a Naughty and Nice list. I forgot to take a pic (amid the excitement and WILD chaos of the event).  As I was reading the letter, the students could barely hold it in.  They screamed and couldn't wait to see where our elf was. He also had been in the refrigerator and was super cold. He was right on top of our Smartboard watching all the boys and girls.

Now it was time to name our elf.  I was really hoping for someone to come up with a fun name or something really cool.  Here’s what the kids chose and then voted on…

I got this great bubble map idea from Cheryl at Primary Grafitti.  Love.  Take a look at those names. Comet won!!!

After we named him, we filled out one of the printables from Cara Carroll's Classroom Elf Freebie so that the kids would have something to take home to share with their parents about our classroom elf.

We began writing in our little elf writing journals immediately after returning from PE. They love doing this. I got them started the first five days and taught them how to look on the word wall for sight words or words they might have trouble spelling. We are slowly but surely becoming much better writers. After the fifth day, I let them do it independently. I was pleasantly surprised at how well they did all own their own. Their innocence is precious!!! 



We downloaded all the Elfis Freebies from The First Grade Parade. Cara Carroll did a great job on preparing this FREEBIE!!!! I am telling you that her blog has saved me from many mini meltdowns this year. Big PUFFY heart love her! I hope I get the opportunity to meet her one day.

Gotta run! I am wiped out!!! Hope to share some of the fun ornaments and crafts we have been doing soon. Happy Wednesday, sweet friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment