Sunday, December 28, 2014

Better Late than Never--RIGHT?

I completely apologize for the delay in posting. I can truly say that the hustle and bustle of the holidays and surgery on my foot (YIKES!) has truly taken a toll on my posting. I know you are at home enjoying your Christmas/winter break but I still wanted to share what went down in my Kindergarten classroom in the month of December. Hang on this post is photo overloaded!!!

 Here are just a few of the super cute and super easy crafts that we made!!! All Pinterest inspired, of course!!!
 I read the book Santa's Stuck and we did this super cute writing craftivity to go along with it.
 I took my kiddos picture with them spelling out Merry Christmas! I printed them out and placed them inside a Christmas card and wrote each kid a note as a gift from me.
 We made this super cute snowman buckets out of cans from our lunchroom. We painted them and placed all their ornaments in them that the students made. It made it so easy for them to get home with the ornaments without breaking them. :)

Grinch Day
 My Grinch shirt purchased from Amazon. Only pic I got that day~~~~:(
 My sweet co-worker's daughter drew this anchor chart for me. Thank you Reagan!!! I appreciate your help. My sweet co-worker came up with all the Grinch ideas. I can't take credit for any of them. This a tradition she has done in her classroom for many years. I just joined in on the fun this year.

 We made the Grinch's hat with Bugles and red and green M&M's with white chocolate. Not only were they yummy but they were super cute!

Reindeer Unit
 We made this super cute reindeer craft out of paper plates. I LOVE crafts that are easy and super cute! We painted the plate with brown paint. We cute the plates in half and then added the students handprints as the antlers.(Clothes line they are hanging on is from Dollar General--They had Christmas trees, snowflakes, and several others--LOVE). We talked about reindeer and learned lots of cool facts.
 According to my class, they would rather be a reindeer and fly rather than be an elf and work. LOL!


POLAR EXPRESS DAY
Students were able to wear pajamas and we sat our chairs in the hallway in a replica of the train on the movie. Christmas music played as the students arrived to school via the intercom, which I thought gave it a festive feel. I was just as excited as the students were. This was my first Polar Express day at my new school and I have to say that it completely was a BLAST! Our principal read the book to them and we ate cookies and milk. Then we returned to our room to watch the movie and enjoy some yummy hot cocoa. I made my hot cocoa in the crockpot. I definitely will be doing that again. It was so much easier and much, much quicker.

 Classroom Christmas Party
 I'm not sure of where to even start in describing our Christmas party. All I can say is, my parents were phenomenal. They helped in every single aspect of this party. I truly felt completely blessed! I tell you people----this was AMAZING!!! Two of my parents printed a Christmas BINGO game. We read a book and if they book mentioned any of the pictures on the card then they placed a shape on the picture. We used all kinds of Christmas books to make sure we included as many of the pictures on the BINGO card as we could.

 Two parents let the children make reindeer food and put this super cute tag on it. The kids loved it!!!
 I think my students know me. The Yorkie tag made the gift even more special!!
 I also received some of the cutest and most thoughtful gifts from some of my kiddos. Glittered clothespins---Be jealous---!!!! Thank you to all the parents and guardians who helped to make this party a GREAT success!!! You will never know how much you mean to me!!
Now, I am trying to recover from a foot surgery that I had last Monday. It has been 6 days of painful sitting. I am not a sitter. I am definitely a mover and shaker. LOL! I don't do well sitting still and keeping my foot elevated. I go back to the Dr. on Tuesday and hopefully he will change the bandage and give me great news. Please keep me in your prayers!!!

I hope you had a fabulous Christmas and are getting ready to ring in the New Year with friends and family. 
Wishing you a Happy New Year and of course ROLL TIDE!!!
Elaine Frix

No comments:

Post a Comment