Sunday, January 18, 2015

The Mitten

Hello and happy WINTER!!!! Have I mentioned that I hate ( I mean like hate with the passion) winter. I am definitely a summer kind of gal. I am looking forward to sunny days ahead.

My students came back from Christmas break a whole 2 inches taller and so much more mature. It is amazing how much they grow in two weeks. I am so proud of the progress they have made this year. I guess that is my favorite part about kindergarten. You can see so much progress from the first day of school. :)

We have been busily working on winter activities. One of my favorite winter books is The Mitten by Jan Brett. I created a sequencing activity and pocket chart center to go along with the book. The students loved and that made my heart happy! I love it when I create things and they love it as much as I do.
We created this super cute snowman that my mom shared with me. That is the beauty of us teaching the same grade, we share ideas. I think she found this on Pinterest.
Here is The Mitten Literacy fun I created for my kiddos. Hop on over to my TPT store and get it. 
Here is the pocket center in action in my classroom. It worked out well. I created mittens that I colored and had the students to match the mittens to the correct color word. 

This week we will finish up on some snowman fun and celebrate the 100th day of school on Tuesday. More on that later.......Stay tuned........

Have a great week!
Many blessings,
Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment